Creative Skillset is offering a pound-for-pound training fund for VFX, Animation, Post-Production and the Games industries
We are excited to announce that Academy Class has been selected to deliver Creative Skillset training courses and is now featured in their approved courses list! Why should this information matter to you? Because Creative Skillset is a non-profit organization that provides financial assistance to employees who work in creative industries and we’ve teamed up to be able to provide you with best quality creative training courses! And the best part is – 50% of the course price will be paid by Creative Skillset training fund! That means that you can use Skillset funding with Academy Class to either get a 50% discount for courses or double your budget!
Don’t miss this chance to upgrade your creative skills, increase your competitive advantage within your industry, raise your productivity and expand your career opportunities!
The funding is available for VFX, Animation, Post-Production (encompassing TV, Film, VFX and Animation) and Games companies who apply for Funded Training for their workforce. This includes on-site training delivery. Employees of companies in these industries can get 50% funding for the training courses approved and listed in Creative skillset website.
Applications must be made by company’s employers on behalf of their staff.
Your company is eligible if:
- The business activity of your company has a significant VFX, Film, Animation or TV element and the training is directed at staff working on the projects related to those industries or you work for a production company with productions in scope for tax relief and it has either paid or intends to pay the levy on the relevant productions within the financial year in which you are applying;
- Your company has a significant base in the UK, and your application supports the needs of the VFX, Animation or Post-Production industries.
What do you need to do?
For a company application the employer will need to provide the following information:
- Full company name
- Address and contact details
- No. of employees
- The number of the courses you wish to send employees on
- The number of employees you wish to send on each course
- When the first course starts
- When the last course finishes
- The name of the course (taken from the funded course list)
- The exact cost of the course (we need two figures: the full cost including VAT then the 50% cost, including VAT pro-rated, incorporating any travel support requests)
Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to provide evidence of their company’s experience in their particular industry.
Important note: individuals and freelancers cannot apply for this funding, only employees working for companies in VFX, Animation and Post-Production industries can get funding to improve their skills by asking their employers to fill in the online application form.