If you are an aspiring artist, designer or even a developer; you’re bound to jump for joy at the mention of these development programs: Unreal Engine and Unity 3D. These mind-blowing programs are two of THE best around for a variety of reasons.
Hopefully you’ll embark on training for both, but if you need to select training and choose only one; we can shed light on the key features and highlights of both.
Unreal Engine in Focus
Whether it’s visualisation design; creating otherworldly cinematic experiences; or
developing quality games across technologies and platforms – Unreal Engine is the answer
to your next development project. And who wouldn’t want to do all of these life-enhancing things?
Developed as a game engine by Epic Games and showcased in 1995 in the first-person
shooter game, Unreal, Unreal Engine has an impressive full suite of development tools
targeted at “anyone working with real-time technology”.
Watch what Unreal Engine can do!
Before we dive into the features we love about the latest version, watch this video for an eye-popping taster of Unreal’s capabilities:
As its visuals are so impressive right off the bat, Unreal Engine is, admittedly, the go-to
program used for big games and studio productions.
Stand-out features and offerings of Unreal Engine’s latest version, 4.26:
- Production-ready, strand-based hair and fur for lifelike detail
- New Volumetric clouds for realistic environmental lighting and skies, clouds
- An experimental new water system
- Movie Render Queue and Collab Viewer template enhancements
- Animation blending in Sequencer and much more.
Unreal Engine is ideal for: game developers, architects, automotive and transport
industries; broadcasters and live events’ hosts; film and TV professionals; and anyone
needing life-like training and simulation scenarios.
Read more about what we look forward to with the release of Unreal Engine 5 in early 2021:
Find our course on Unreal Engine here:
Unity 3D in Focus
Initially developed and released by Unity 3D Technologies in 2005 as a cross-platform game
engine – over time, the globally loved Unity 3D has become so much more than just a real-time development platform.
Unity 3D is popular among both part-time developers and big studios and has been the genius behind games, such as Pokemon Go, Rimworld and many more.
With its amazing cross-platforms features, Unity 3D allows its users to dream up virtually
Stand-out features and offerings in Unity 3D’s latest version, 2020.1
- Enhanced artist- and designer-tools.
- 2D enhancements and animation updates.
- New scripting and testing features ideal for programmers.
- Improved Editor and workflows for increased productivity.
- Exciting graphics and lighting features (such as Camera Stacking in Universal.
- Render Pipeline and lightmapping optimisations).
- New features and enhancements to aid smoother development (across a variety of
Unity 3D is ideal for: hobby developers, game developers, students, educators, animators,
architectural firms, film and entertainment professionals, artists, designers and