At this course, you will learn a number of functions and tools needed to create basic vector illustrations. We will be looking at creating documents, explore graphic sizes, image resolutions, colour concepts and design principles. At the Illustrator course, you will have the opportunity to familiarise yourself with the interface including panels. You will learn to use colour swatches, and patterns as well as a number of tools, while learning how to create geometrical shapes and control their appearance. The course aims at giving you the knowledge and skills needed to create artwork and export projects confidently for different media. Once you have mastered this course you can move on to our Adobe Illustrator Intermediate Course.
WHO IS THIS ADOBE ILLUSTRATOR BEGINNER COURSE FOR?
Graphic designers, or people transitioning into a design job or taking on design responsibilities, who need to use Adobe Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements or other graphic documents. They may have little or no experience with Illustrator, although they may already use Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop.
We will assume little or no prior knowledge of Illustrator in this course but you should have a basic working knowledge of either the Windows or Mac interface as well as exposure to either Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
At end of the course, you should be able to:
- Set up Illustrator projects and identify project requirements
- Prepare graphics for web, print and video format text using various Typographical features and techniques
- Apply design principles to create graphic compositions
- Modify and apply colours
- Create symbols, place images and organise artwork using layers
- Archive, export, and publish graphics
Setting up Illustrator projects
- Identify project requirements
- Establish target audience and needs
- Define media format and publishing requirements
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Understanding difference between vector and bitmap formats
- Apply design principles to create artwork
- Using pen and shape tools to create basic geometry
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Create and manipulate text
- Organise artwork using layers
- Create symbols
- Selecting and applying colours
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
Effects and transparency
- Apply transparency to objects
- Blend elements using blend effects
- Working with bitmaps
- Placing raster images
- Using the links panel to relink and update images
- Tracing images using live trace presets
- Identifying common file formats
- Choose appropriate settings to optimise graphics on the screen, print and video
- Creating JPEG, PDF, PNG, SVG
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm