Introduction: 2 Days
Overview: Imagine being able to create documents of many types, from single page advertisements and flyers, to complex multi-page colour publications after just two days of training! That’s what’s on offer with the InDesign 101: Yellow Belt course. It’s an essential skill for anyone working in the publishing industry, but also for anyone who would like to be able to create marketing documents for their company.
Adobe InDesign is the industry standard layout program. It is used in the production of brochures, magazines, newsletters, and PDF’s. InDesign is also the source for most publishing from eBooks, printed material and even Apps for smartphones and tablet devices.
This course starts from the program basics and quickly builds knowledge and confidence in how to navigate the application and use the tools to create layouts from single pages to complex multi-page documents
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Our InDesign course targets the beginner or first-time user and will give you a thorough grounding is this graphic design program. This course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, prepress professionals, and marketing communications professionals. It’s focused on those creating layouts for print.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
By the end of the course you should be able to:
– Confidently use the essential feature of the application
– Setup multiple page documents
– Import and format text using paragraph and character styles
– Place and arrange images
– Prepare and publish documents for screen or print
Setting up InDesign projects
- Identify project requirements
- Establish target audience and needs
- Apply design principles to create a professional layout
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Rulers, guides and grids
- Setting up an InDesign document
- Working with master pages
- Adding automatic page numbers
Working with Text
- Creating and modifying text frames
- Threading text frames
- Managing overset text
- Formatting text using paragraph and character styles
- Placing text from a Word document
- Spell checking
- Adding special characters
- Assigning text wrap
Images and graphics
- Creating basic shapes
- Assigning fill and stroke to objects
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Align and arrange content
- Placing images
- Frame fitting options and frame shapes
- Collecting and placing content using the conveyor tool
- Working with Layers and Organise artwork using layers
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
- Adding transparency to elements
- Identifying common file formats
- Using the packaging feature
- Create a template
- Prepare page layouts for print
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm