Imagine understanding how to use InDesign’s advanced features will revolutionise the way you work. Take your InDesign skills to the next level away from normal working hours over the weekend.
This class provides the InDesign user the ability to hone their skills and move their knowledge of Adobe InDesign to an advanced level. Using the skills learned in the InDesign 101 class, students will create more complex documents and work with a variety of palettes and tools to further understand the capabilities of this high-end design application. In conjunction with our InDesign 101 this course will prepare you for the Adobe ACA exam, an industry recognised certification. You will also have the opportunity to take the exam at the end of the training.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Graphics professionals using Adobe InDesign, who need an essential understanding of workflow process using InCopy with an emphasis on real-world issues and collaborative editorial production. We also recommend this course for those planning to obtain the Adobe Certified Expert status at a later stage in their development.
Graphic professionals who are already experienced in Adobe InDesign or have taken the Academy Class Indesign 101 class and want more in-depth knowledge of the application and the management of complex documents.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
Advanced knowledge of how to work with InDesign.
- Create complex documents for a range screen and print
- Utilise image features to enhance your layouts and workflow
- Create and apply advanced text formatting techniques
- Create interactive documents
- Import and format tables
- Take the ACA exam
Edit and Modify Pages
- Creating foldouts with Page re-shuffle
- Using page tool techniques to create custom formats
Images and graphics
- Re-linking edited images
- Extracting image information
- Adjusting PSD import options
- Adding effects
Advanced Type management
- Inserting anchored objects and Inline graphics
- Adding type to vector paths
- Creating a table of contents
- Applying paragraph rules
- Modifying paragraph style options
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Setting up textflow import options
- Adding footnotes
- Creating story jumps
Advanced drawing techniques
- Working with the Pen tool and shortcuts
- Creating compound paths
- Using the Pathfinder window
- Creating tables
- Importing tables from Excel and Word
- Styling tables and cells
- Add rows and columns
- Split and merge
- Creating bookmarks and hyperlinks
- Inserting email links
- Placing buttons
- Creating a slideshow
- Placing movies
- Creating a basic animation
- Publish and share interactive documents online
- Manage and gather analytics for online documents
- Exporting files for different media
- Editing PDF presets
- Transparency flattening options
- Customising Preflight settings
- Identify design project requirements and deliverable
- Using copyrighted material
- Establish the purpose and needs for your target audience
- Mock exam
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm