Who is this course for:
Graphic designers or people transitioning into a design job or taking on design responsibilities who need to use illustrate artwork and create logos, advertisements or other graphic documents.
No previous working experience with this application is necessary. We will start from the very basics by introducing you to the softwares interface, workspace, tools, best practices and the correct workflow process. You should have a basic understanding of your computer's operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files.
2 Day Course
- Setup the workspace
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Change preferences
- Setup snapping options
- Work with personas
- Understand difference between vector and bitmap formats
Documents and artboards
- Create and edit documents
- Work with rulers and guides
- Create, copy, name and resize artboards
- Navigate and manage artboards
- Use the pen and compound tools to create basic geometry
- Select and group objects
- Rotate, scale and reflect objects
- Create and manipulate text
- Use layers to organise artwork
- Create and edit symbols
- Clip objects
- Place images
- Align and distribute objects
- Create effects with the pixel persona
- Enhance the workflow with other Affinity applications
- Select and apply colours
- Create and edit colour swatches
- Apply and modify gradients
- Use the colour pickers
- Create colours from images
Effects and transparency
- Apply transparency to objects
- Use layer effects
- Work with the export persona
- Export with or without transparent backgrounds
- Output in a variety of formats, such as JPEG, PDF, PNG and SVG
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
9:30 – 11:00
11:00 – 11:15
11:15 – 13:00
13:00 – 14:00
14:00 – 16:30
How and Where You Want To Learn
12-13 Clerkenwell Green
London EC1R 0QJ