Who is this course for:
This course is intended for print professionals, publishers, pre-press professionals, graphic designers, creative professionals and marketing communications professionals. It’s focused on those creating layouts for print.
No previous working experience with this application is necessary. We will start from the very basics by introducing you to the softwares interface, workspace, tools, best practices and the correct workflow process. You should have a basic understanding of your computer's operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files.
2 Day Course
- Setup the workspace
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Change preferences
- Setup snapping options
- Create documents
- Work with master pages
- Add automatic page numbers
- Work with personas
Work with Text
- Create and modify text frames
- Thread text frames
- Manage overset text
- Format text using paragraph and character styles
- Place text from a Microsoft Word document
- Spell check
- Add special characters
- Assign text wrap
Images and graphics
- Create and edit basic shapes
- Assign fill and stroke to objects
- Select and group objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Align and arrange content
- Work with links and embedded images
- Place images
- Picture frame properties
- Work with layers and organise artwork
- Work with personas
- Create colour swatches
- Apply and modifying gradients
- Work with spot colours
- Add transparency to elements
- Prepare page layouts for print
- Export graphics for web, print and video
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
9:30 – 11:00
11:00 – 11:15
11:15 – 13:00
13:00 – 14:00
14:00 – 16:30
How and Where You Want To Learn
12-13 Clerkenwell Green
London EC1R 0QJ