This workshop will show participants how to build their own audio visual performance using TouchDesigner and Ableton. TouchDesigner is a visual programming language for real time interactive multimedia content. Using the TDAbleton tool, a vast array of audio elements within Ableton can be used to automate an audio reactive visual show.
What you will learn:
By the end of this session a successful student will be able to:
- By the end of this session a successful student will be able to:
- Understand the TDAbleton tool
- Link a number of audio elements in Ableton to drive visual content in TouchDesigner
- Begin to build their own audio visual set for live performance
- Consider different approaches to audio visual performance and creation.
Session Study Topics
- TDAbleton tool
- Triggering different TouchDesigner visual sets with Ableton midi clips.
- Controlling TouchDesigner visual parameters with Ableton macros
- Touchdesigner operators- TOPS, Maths Chop.
- Performance Mode.
- Touchdesigner user interface and navigation.
- Signal flow and wiring, networks and paths.
- Introduction to TOPs, CHOPs and SOPs.
- Introduction to COMPs, MATs and DATs.
- Creating graphics for audio-visual performance.
- Looking at interactivity, triggers and sound-reactive animation.
- Working with midi-controllers.
- Creating an audio-reactive setup with Ableton.
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm