The primary objective of this AutoCAD Training course is to teach delegates the basic commands necessary for professional 2D drawing, design, and drafting using AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Delegates learn the features and techniques for creating, editing, and printing drawings with AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT. Using hands-on exercises, students explore how to create 2D production drawings.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This AutoCAD Training course is designed for new users of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT.
You’ll know about drafting, design, or engineering principles although this knowledge is not essential it would be an advantage.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You’ll learn to navigate the AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT user interfaces, use the fundamental features of AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT, use the precision drafting tools in AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT to develop accurate technical drawings and present drawings in a detailed and visually impressive way.
Taking the AutoCAD Tour
- Navigating the working environment
- Working with files
Creating Basic Drawings
- Inputting data
- Creating basic objects
- Using object snaps
- Using Polar Tracking and PolarSnap
- Using object snap tracking
- Working with units
- Selecting objects in the drawing
- Changing an object’s position – Using Move
- Creating new objects from existing objects – Using Copy
- Changing the angle of an object’s position – Using Rotate
- Creating a mirror image of existing objects – Using Mirror
- Creating object patterns – Using Array
- Changing an object’s size – Using Scale
Drawing Organisation & Inquiry Commands
- Using layers
- Changing object properties
- Matching object properties
- Using the properties palette
- Using Linetypes
- Using inquiry commands – Distance – Angle – Area – Radius
- Trimming & extending Objects to defined boundaries
- Creating parallel & offset geometry – Using Offset
- Joining objects
- Breaking an object into two objects
- Applying a radius corner to two objects – Using Fillet
- Creating an angled corner between two objects – Using Chamfer
- Changing part of an object’s shape – Using Stretch
Layouts & Viewports
- Using Layouts
- Creating layouts
- Modifying layouts and using page setups
- Using Viewports
- Creating layout viewports
- Working with layout viewports
- Controlling object visibility in layout viewports
Annotating the Drawing
- Creating multi-line text
- Creating single line text
- Using text styles
- Editing text
- Creating Dimensions
- Using Dimension styles
- Editing Dimensions
- Using Multileaders
- Hatching objects
- Editing Hatch objects
Working with Reusable Content
- Using blocks
- Working with DesignCenter
- Using tool palettes
Creating Additional Drawing Objects
- Working with Polylines
- Using tables
Plotting Your Drawings
- Using page setups
- Working with plotter configuration files
- Creating & applying
- Plotting drawings
- Plot style tables – Using Pen Assignment
- Publishing drawings
Creating Drawing Templates
- Using drawing templates
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm