By the end of this course you will have a good grasp of how a web site or application is made and the foundations of coding the core languages of the web. You’ll also gain a good grasp of the history and evolution of the web and best practices for web design and development in a modern era. During the course you will have the opportunity to build a small web site (application) and test in a combination of browsers and load it to a live web server.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Management, Senior management, marketers, designers and just about anyone who doesnt come from a programming background. This is the class that will teach you a little code but more importantly give you a much better understanding to the world of coding Anyone who needs to work with developers, HTML/Web based projects, mobile apps, web apps and any other projects involving code.h5. Your title here…
You do not need to know anything about code or management to attend this course.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
THE HISTORY OF THE WEB
SEMANTIC MARK UP XHTML, HTML AND HTML5 syntax
LINKING TO OTHER PAGES AND SITES
TABLES AND FORMS
ROLL IN SOME CSS
PUBLISHING YOUR SITE
During the course you will have the opportunity to build a small web site (application) and test in a combination of browsers and load it to a live web server.
• The history or the web
• Client vs server side model and coding
• Browsers and cross platform coding
• Accessibility issues
Semantic Mark Up XHTML, HTML & HTML5 Syntax
• Creating a web document (page)
• Creating titles and META data
• Adding body text
• Structuring text with line breaks, headings, Lists and paragraphs
• Working with special characters
• Adding structural containers – div, header, footer etc
• The GIF, JPEG and PNG file formats
• Alternative text, titles and descriptions for images
Linking to Other Pages & Sites
• Relative links vs absolute links
• Working with URLs
• Embedding a you tube video
• Adding your own video using HTML5
Tables & Forms
• Adding a data table to a page
• Creating a basic input form
• Adding submit and reset buttons
• About processing form data on the server
Roll In Some CSS
• What is CSS and what can it do?
• CSS structure (syntax) and CSS selectors
• Creating and linking to a text control style sheet
• Basic principals and ides of web layout
• About the new world of responsive design
• Adding a simple layout style sheet
• Adding basic link roll overs
Publishing Your Site
• Finding a suitable web host
• Buying a domain name
• Proofing and testing your site locally
• Using an FTP client to upload files to a server
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm