This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
This course explores why the changes are happening and what is currently or soon to be supported. We explore Traceur as a means to use unsupported features now, even on browsers and devices which don’t yet understand ECMAScript 6.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Controlling access, type, and mutability
- Functions, scope, namespaces and closure
- Object serialization
- Overview of AJAX principles
- Client-Side Event handling
- Client Side data persistence
Current and Imminent Support
- Features which are already supported in some browsers and devices
- Forthcoming built-in support
- Legacy: where support will never happen
ECMAScript 6 objects, properties and methods
- MVC, MVVM, Service, Factory etc.
- The jQuery family
- Angular, Bootstrap and Dart
- AtScript and TypeScript
ECME-262 6th Edition
- The 2015 ECMAScript Language Specification
- Already some support in some browsers/devices
- Enable Harmony in Chrome
Need for software development capabilities
- Components and Modules
- Single-threaded ‘blocking’ problem
- Reduce use of ‘function’ keyword
- Converting offline
- Online Read-Eval-Print-Loop for exploring ES6
- Impact on performance
- Make a language easier to understand and more readable
- Some features of ES6 are not really new
- All methods are still added to the prototype
ES6 Language Features
- Number and Math Improvements
- Maps, Sets and Weak Maps
- Iterators and for of loops
- Object Literal Enhancements
- Arrow Functions
- Let and Const for Block Scoped Binding
- Default and Rest Parameters
- Template Literals
- Property Method Assignment
- Object Initializer Shorthand
- Class definition and name
- Class prototype
- Instance property and class property
- Shadow root and shadow host
- Named exports and Default exports
- Importing modules
ECMAScript language types
- Undefined, Null, Boolean, String, Symbol, Number, and Object
NodeJS (optional content)
- Node packages
- Running script
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.