This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
This course is ideal for anyone looking to improve their existing publications and marketing material. In this very hands-on course we will look at work you or your company have produced in the past and find ways to inject your designs with fresh ideas.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Subs and art editors handling design, who want to improve their creative skills.
Knowledge of design software programmes such as InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Analyzing your lay-out: What works and what doesn’t work?
- The psychology of design and visual codes
- How to find inspiration for new ideas
- Working with typefaces
- Creating interesting type combinations and treatments
- Creatively working within your brand guidelines
- Designing pages with no pictures
- Use of colour and choosing an appropriate palette
- Fixing common lay-out problems
- Re-thinking your page ‘furniture’
- Dealing with large ads or heavy picture content
- Creating exiting covers, inserts and adverts
- Making sure you’re getting the most out of your DTP package