As you are an advanced software user, our Black Belt courses are tailor-made to address your specific needs. So please regard our description and course outline as course framework suggestions.
Please contact our course advises to discuss your needs. With them, you will put together a course especially for you in terms of what needs to be covered and when.
In this course, you will learn about the most advanced techniques in Adobe InDesign. We will teach you how to integrate Photoshop and Illustrator artwork into your InDesign documents, creating interactive PDFs with table of contents. You will also master navigation elements, buttons and video, exporting SWF files with animated features on the spreads, working with Live Captions, GREP, Quick Apply, Story Editor, Text Variables and so much more.
Who is this course for?
This class is for advanced users of InDesign with firm understanding of all the general concepts of using the application. On this course, we learn the most advanced techniques. This course is quite intense, so for those with doubts in their knowledge we recommend the InDesign Yellow Belt and Green Belt courses first or to consult our sales team and the instructors.
You should have a robust understanding of working with images and typography, using styles, master pages and layers. Since the inDesign 301: Black Belt course is very intense it is advised to have finished the Indesign 101 Yellow Belt and 201 Green Belt courses first.
What you will learn
- Use InDesigns advanced formatting features to style complex documents
- Optimise documents for professional printing using preflight
- Colour manage documents for a consistent workflow
- Create TOC, index and dynamic image caption
- Applying advanced table formatting
Advanced Page Layout & Document Features
- Working with snippet files
- Creating and managing book files and content
- Utilising quick apply and story editor
- Customising user dictionaries
- Using gridify and gap tool
- Data merge
- Inserting live captions
- Integrating InDesign with Photoshop and Illustrator
- Generating a table of contents for interactive documents
- Alternate layouts and liquid layouts options
- InDesign’s ePub export features
- Preflight adjustment
- Creating Interactive PDFs
- Creating interactive Acrobat Forms in InDesign
- Assigning colour profiles
- Soft proofing
- Rich black vs CMYK black
- Attributes panel
- Ink manager
- Separation panel
- Adding a spot varnish
Advanced Text Formatting Techniques
- Creating hanging indent styles
- Spanning and splitting columns
- Using conditions
- Setting up text variables
- Creating an index
- Searching with GREPS
- Using the scripts window
- Importing and styling XML documents
- Managing assets using Adobe Bridge
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm