Zero to InDesign Hero in just 5 days and gain the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA)
Get recognised for the new skills you’ve just gained: Get Certified!
Imagine being able to create documents of many types, from single page advertisements and flyers, to complex multi-page colour. And then later being able to improve on your existing InDesign skills by being able to use additional techniques to manipulate text, pictures, and pages. Control type formatting, create and edit graphics, and create and modify layouts with efficiency and accuracy – all after just 5 days of InDesign training!
Whatever your career path, proven Adobe software expertise will keep you ahead of the curve and help you develop a solid competitive advantage in today’s complex marketplace. Adobe certifications are a reliable validation of your skills and knowledge, and can lead to accelerated professional development, improved productivity, and enhanced credibility in your field.
You will be prepared for and take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam at the end of this course.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This InDesign course is intended for graphic designers, creative professionals, print professionals, publishers, prepress professionals, and marketing communications professionals. It’s focused on those creating layouts for print.
Before taking this InDesign course, you should have a basic understanding of your computers operating system. For example, you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from CD and other media.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You’ll learn to become comfortable when working with Layout Text & Graphics in a Document while making use of InDesign frames, share formatting and appearance attributes with styles, manage linked files and missing fonts, automate the workflow with Masterpages, define colours, tints and gradients using the swatches panel, output an artwork for prepress printing, manipulate long documents as books, work with tables inside of InDesign, create interactive PDF documents, utilise the automation features inside of InDesign, use XML to tag document elements according to their content.
Setting up InDesign projects
- Identify project requirements
- Establish target audience and needs
- Apply design principles to create a professional layout
- Identify user interface elements
- Create and select Workspaces
- Navigate and zoom documents
- Rulers, guides and grids
- Setting up an InDesign document
- Working with master pages
- Adding automatic page numbers
Working with Text
- Creating and modifying text frames
- Threading text frames
- Managing overset text
- Formatting text using paragraph and character styles
- Placing text from a Word document
- Spell checking
- Adding special characters
- Assigning text wrap
Images and graphics
- Creating basic shapes
- Assigning fill and stroke to objects
- Selecting and Grouping objects
- Transform and modify elements
- Align and arrange content
- Placing images
- Frame fitting options and frame shapes
- Collecting and placing content using the conveyor tool
- Working with Layers and Organise artwork using layers
- Creating colour swatches
- Applying and modifying gradients
- Working with spot colours
- Adding transparency to elements
- Identifying common file formats
- Using the packaging feature
- Create a template
- Prepare page layouts for print
Edit and Modify Pages
- Creating foldouts with Page re-shuffle
- Using page tool techniques to create custom formats
Images and graphics
- Re-linking edited images
- Extracting image information
- Adjusting PSD import options
- Adding effects
Advanced Type management
- Inserting anchored objects and Inline graphics
- Adding type to vector paths
- Creating a table of contents
- Applying paragraph rules
- Modifying paragraph style options
- Creating bulleted and numbered lists
- Setting up textflow import options
- Adding footnotes
- Creating story jumps
Advanced drawing techniques
- Working with the Pen tool and shortcuts
- Creating compound paths
- Using the Pathfinder window
- Creating tables
- Importing tables from Excel and Word
- Styling tables and cells
- Add rows and columns
- Split and merge
- Creating bookmarks and hyperlinks
- Inserting email links
- Placing buttons
- Creating a slideshow
- Placing movies
- Creating a basic animation
- Publish and share interactive documents online
- Manage and gather analytics for online documents
- Exporting files for different media
- Editing PDF presets
- Transparency flattening options
- Customising Preflight settings
- Identify design project requirements and deliverable
- Using copyrighted material
- Establish the purpose and needs for your target audience
- Mock exam
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm