During this course, you will learn about advanced vector drawing concepts and techniques, enabling you to create more complex illustrations. You will have the opportunity to apply techniques demonstrated including the most commonly used effects and transformations to modify and improve your designs. In addition, we will be looking at how to define custom brushes, patterns, and graphic styles. You will learn how to use layers and masks to create sophisticated illustrations while helping you to manage complex artwork more easily. Furthermore, we will explore techniques to create realistic shading using effects and shape blending options. Artwork created will be optimised and prepared for print, screen and video. In conjunction with our Illustrator 101 course this trining will prepare you for the Adobe ACA exam, an industry recognised certification. At the of the course, you will have the opportunity to take the exam. Get recognised for the new skills you’ve just gained- get Certified! (exam included in price of course)
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
Graphic designers or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities. They will have some previous experience with Adobe Illustrator.
Have already taken the Adobe Illustrator 101 training course or knowledge of topics covered in that workshop.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Further adjust Bezier curves by creating Compound paths
- Create Custom Brushes and various Graphic Style
- Work with Transparency and other raster effects like drop shadows
- Accurately adjust type in an artwork
- Prepare documents for composite and commercial printing
- Enhance the workflow
- Integration of Illustrator with the rest of Creative Suite
You will also be prepared for and take the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) exam at the end of this course
So you won’t just know Adobe Illustrator, you can prove it!
Live Colour and Live Trace
- Use Live Color to create colours
- Generate a colour group
- Recolour artwork
- Live trace bitmap images
- Improve the trace result
Effects and transparency techniques
- Adjusting and applying effects such as drop shadow and 3D
- Using Photoshop effects
- Use the Appearance panel
- Create transparency and opacity masks
- 3D shading with the gradient mesh tool
- Create character and paragraph styles
- Leading, Kerning and Tracking
- Horizontal and vertical scaling
- Add text to a vector path
Create custom brushes
- Calligraphic brush
- Scatter brush
- Pattern brush
- Art brush
- Bristle brush
- Use the Pen tool
- Work with compound paths
- Use the expand appearance command
- Use the outline strokes command
- Create, use and update graphic styles
- Use envelope distort
- Blend tool
- Create clipping masks
- Use the Width tool
- Use the Pathfinder panel
- Use the perspective grid tool
- Create and manipulate patterns
- Work with layers and sub layers
- Create and manage multiple artboards
- Export artboards
Setup for Print
- Print terminology explained
- Optimise the effect quality by adjusting raster effect settings
- Create trim marks and crop marks
- Preview artwork using CMYK soft proof
- Package option
ACA Exam Preparation
- Using copyrighted material
- Identify design project requirements and deliverable
- Establish the purpose and needs for your target audience
- Mock exam
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm