In this course, you will learn the skills needed to produce data visualisations with Adobe Illustrator, while gaining some knowledge in best charting practices. While there are there are plenty of programs and resources out there that can generate charts without coding, Adobe Illustrator has the ability to both generate charts and also allow for complete customisation.
With Adobe Illustrator, you’ll be able to publish your charts or info-graphics for both digital devices or print projects. We’ll also cover how to make your charts responsive to adapt for changing screen sizes.
Who is this course for?
For those who are already familiar with Adobe Illustrator or have at least taken the Illustrator 101 course, and are looking to expand their knowledge of the software for data-focused projects. This could include:
• Data visualisation practitioners looking to produce customised visualisations
• Data journalists
• Info-graphic designers
• Digital marketers
• Anyone looking to produce data visualisation graphics but with no programming skills
Participants should already be competent in using Illustrator or have at least taken our Illustrator 101 course. You should also have a basic working knowledge of either the Windows or Mac interface as well as some basic knowledge of spreadsheet software such as Microsoft Excel.
What you will learn
By the end of the course, you should be able to fully utilise the Graph Tools to produce data visualisations for print and digital projects, as well as:
• Some background on each chart type, such as it’s usefulness particular types of data, any strengths and weakness.
• How to ‘hack’ the Graph Tools to produce additional types of charts
• How to make your visualisation responsive on changing screen sizes
• Info-graphics VS Data Visualisation
• Understanding Each Chart
• Best Charting Practices
The Graph Tools
• The Graph Data Window
• Column Graph Tool and Bar Graph Tool
• Stacked Column Graph Tool and Stacked Bar Graph Tool
• Line Graph Tool
• Area Graph Tool
• Scatter Graph Tool
• Pie Graph Tool
• Radar Graph Tool
Format and Customise The Graph Tools
• Graph Type Menu
• Graph Design Menu
• Graph Column Menu
• Graph Marker Menu
• Combine Different Graph Types
• Modifying Drawn Graphs
Exploiting The Graph Tools to Create Additional Charts
• Creating a Dot Plot
• Creating a Unit Chart or Pictogram Chart
• Creating a Dot Distribution Plot or Barcode Plot
• Creating Proportional Area Chart
• Creating a Slopegraph
Making Charts Responsive
• How to use ai2html
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm