This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
Adobe Muse is for those new to web design that want to build websites without learning HTML and CSS. Muse is a great tool for small to medium sized web projects for those that have no web experience. Muse enables you to build a website using familiar knowledge from InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. You will learn to use Master pages, incorporate images, set up navigation, and publish your website in this 2 day class.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
For designers who would like to produce professional websites without coding.
To gain the most from this class, students should be familiar with the web and its terminology.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- What is Adobe Muse?
- Creating your site
- Planning Your Website and Designing Pages
- Working with Text in Adobe Muse
- Navigation, Links and Buttons
- Graphics, Images and the Look of your Site
- More Complex Content
- Publishing Websites
What is Adobe Muse?
- How Muse differs from Adobe Dreamweaver
- Creating “drag & drop” websites without writing code
- How Muse is similar to InDesign and the Creative Suite applications
- Understanding the Adobe Muse website development workflow
Creating Your Site
- Starting with a site file and how this is similar to starting with Adobe InDesign files
- Understanding the differences between fixed and fluid widths
- How margins in Muse are similar to margins in InDesign
Planning Your Website & Designing Pages
- Utilizing the Muse plan view to add and organize your web pages
- Taking advantage of the flexibility of adding pages down the line
- Applying the default master page to the entire website
- Adding navigation to the header and footer
- Using page guides to define the size of the header and footer
Graphics, Images and the Look of your Site
- Understanding the difference between RGB and CMYK
- Working with “Web Safe” colors
- Ensuring images are 72ppi, or “low resolution” for fast downloads
- How Muse automatically adjusts placed images to 72ppi
- Copying and pasting .GIF, .JPG, .PNG or Photoshop (PSD) files directly into Muse
- What file format is the best choice for each image
- Adding color and a background image to your master page
- Ensuring a background image is the proper size for your site
- Using the Muse control panel and similarities between other Adobe applications
- Creating 100% width content that stretch to the width of the browser window
Navigation, Links & Buttons
- Understanding that navigation is one of the foundations of your site
- Making sure your planned website and navigation are consistent
- Adding global navigation by dragging and dropping
- Adding internal and external links
- Changing the appearance of links with edit link styles
- Adding buttons with different appearances and working with rollover buttons
Working with Text in Adobe Muse
- Typing or pasting text in Muse and understanding formatting options
- Working with column guides
- Using web safe fonts to ensure a consistent user experience
- How fonts are measured differently for web (pixels) instead of points as in print applications
- What is CSS and how Muse automatically utilizes these styles
- Tips on adding text that is “Google friendly”
More Complex Content
- Adding pin content so a button can float above the rest of the page
- Using the link anchor button to jump from one area on a page to another
- Adding slideshows and maps to your site
- Deciding on a host: whether you are using Adobe Business Catalyst or another host
- Choosing and obtaining your URL
- If using a non-Adobe host, learn how to export your HTML and upload it
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm