This Photoshop course provides you with the concepts and skills to use Adobe Photoshop effectively. You get hands-on practice working with basic through to intermediate techniques to get the most out of your experience. You will use Adobe Photoshop tools for painting, retouching and enhancing images.
Who is this course for?
This Photoshop training course is for all levels of Photoshop users, for those who are completely new to the application through to seasoned users, may wish to take this course to rid themselves of those bad Photoshop habits.
Before taking this Photoshop training course, you should have a basic understanding of your computers operating system. For example; you should know how to launch an application, create and save files, and copy files from a USB pen drive and other media.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Remove red eye, blemishes, scratches, etc. using various retouching techniques
- Improve image colours and adjust contrast and brightness
- Create simple compositions by blending images together
- Add text and modify type settings in your designs
- Output artwork for web, print or video
Digital Imaging Foundation
- Image quality and resolution
- Bitmap and vector graphics
- Image and canvas size
- Colour spaces and bit depth
- Design principles
- Files formats and media
- Create a new document
- Controlling the workspace
- Screen layout and window arrangements
- Navigation and zoom shortcuts
- Undo, redo and history
- Guides, grid and ruler
- Create, delete and edit layers
- Name, hide, arrange layers
- Merge and group layers
- Change opacity and blending modes
- Cropping Images
- Transform, Scale and Distort Layers
- Creating selections using the selection tools
- Improve and refine selections
- Transform, scale and distort selections
- Saving and loading selections
- Create layer masks and clipping masks
- Use the healing brushes, Patch and content-aware tools
- Use the Red Eye tool
- Use the Clone Stamp tools
- Use the Blur, Sharpen and Smudge tools
- Use the Dodge, Burn and Sponge tools
- Content-Aware Tools
Colours and Gradients
- Work with the Color Picker
- Use the Eyedropper tools
- Save and share colours and swatches
- Create and control gradients
- Correct and retouch images
Painting and working with Brushes
- Use the brush tools
- Creating brushes
- Loading external brushes
Colour Correction and Adjustment
- Use Adjustment layers
- Levels and curves
- Hue and saturation
- Shadow and highlights
- Create text using the Type tool
- Discover character properties
- Discover paragraph properties
- Working with styles and adding styles to text
- Output graphics for web, print and video
- Compress image size
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm