The objective of this Revit training course is to give delegates the skills to use the tools and advanced techniques for creating complex designs and professional looking renders, creating and customising objects and collaborating on designs with other members of their team using Revit Architecture.
This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing real-world architectural design scenarios.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course has been designed for experienced Autodesk Revit Architecture users.
Delegates should have attended the Revit Architecture 101 Yellow Belt course or have the equivalent knowledge using Revit Architecture. Architectural design, drafting or engineering experience is also highly recommended.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
This course covers a wide range of advance level topics in Revit Architecture, continuing to build on the concepts covered in the Revit 101 Yellow Belt course. Delegates will learn about site design, advanced rendering techniques, phasing and design options, creating families of custom components and collaborating on a design.
System Families II
- Creating custom wall, floor and roof types
- Layered structure
- Wall Sections with profile sweeps and reveals
- Editing wall, floor and roof profiles
- Wall properties: length, area, volume
- Walls hosting walls: embedded walls
- Stacked walls
- Create parts
- Separating subcomponents of compound objects
- Illustrating composition of walls, floors and roofs
- Family templates
- Customizing tags and markers
- Customizing tags to extract data from the model
- Creating parametric components
- Reference planes
- Creating family types
- Solid and void forms
- Extrusion, sweep, blend and revolve
Space Planning II
- Area analysis
- Gross and rent-able areas
- Creating area plans
- Placing area boundaries
- Area types
- Area schemes
- Area schedules
- Creating colour schemes and legend
- Site location
- Sun settings
- Showing interactive sun path
- Shadows and ambient shadows
- Still, single and multi-day studies
- Summer and winter solstice
- Spring and autumn equinox
- Analemma path
- Export solar study as animation
Visualization/Graphic display options
- Hiding objects in views
- Graphic display options
- Making objects transparent
- Sketch lines effects
- Smooth lines and anti-aliasing
- Exploded views
- Exterior renderings
- Sun location
- Interior renderings
- Camera views
- Sun and artificial lighting
- Photometric lighting
- Grouping lights
- Using rich photographic content
- Using decals
- Adjust exposure
- Creating and editing walkthroughs
- Exporting walkthrough animations
- Place Model Text on any face or reference plane
Importing & Linking Files
- Revit files
- DWG and DWF files
- Image files
- Adding legend components
- Door and window legends
- Symbols legend
- Importing AutoCAD legends
- Working as a team on a single model
- Setting up worksets
- Setting up a central model
- Loading a local copy
- Synchronization with the central model
- Ownership and permissions
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm