This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
This course covers the basics of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and the tools for parametric MEP systems design and documentation. Delegates will learn the fundamental features of Revit MEP and then progress through schematic design, system analysis and construction documentation, before advancing to design visualisation.
Who is this course for?
New Autodesk Revit Architecture users or other Autodesk software users who want to learn essential elements of Autodesk Revit MEP as a part of BIM.
Knowledge of MEP, Architectural design, drafting, or engineering experience is recommended. No previous CAD experience is necessary; however, a working knowledge of Microsoft Windows is essential.
What you will learn
You will learn the concepts of Building Information Modelling and introduce the tools of Autodesk Revit MEP software. Users will be able to complete their first Autodesk Revit MEP project after completing this class.
- Building Information Modelling
- Revit MEP Basics
- Exploring the User Interface
- Working with Revit Elements and Families
- Viewing the Model
- Exploring Views
- Controlling Object Visibility
- Working with Section and Elevation Views
- Working with 3D Views
- Starting a New Project
- Setting Up a Project Setting Up View Templates
- Defining Discipline Settings
- Importing Typical DWG Details
- Linking a Revit Model
- Coordinating Linked Projects
- Defining Volumes
- Representing Volumes
- Creating Zones
- Building Performance Analysis
- Heating and Cooling Load Calculations
- Defining Heat and Cooling Information
- Calculating Heating and Cooling Loads
- HVAC Systems
- Creating an HVAC System
- Generating Layouts
- Piping Systems
- Creating System Piping
- Plumbing Systems
- Creating Plumbing Systems
- Fire Protection Systems
- Creating Fire Protection Systems
- Electrical Systems
- Creating Electrical Circuits
- Generating Wires
- Working with Architects and Engineers
- Running an Interference Check
- Multiple Disciplines and Linked Files
- Detailing and Drafting
- Creating Callout Views
- Working with Detail Views
- Working with Drafting Views
- Annotations and Schedules
- Adding Tabs
- Adding Dimensions, Symbols, and Text
- Creating Legends
- Working with Schedules
- Construction Documentation
- Creating Sheets and Title Blocks
- Printing Sheets
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm