This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
This course covers the basics of Autodesk Revit Structure. Users are introduced to the concepts of Building Information Modeling and the tools for parametric design, analysis, and documentation. They learn the fundamental features of Autodesk Revit Structure, learn to use the 3D parametric design tools for creating and analysing a project, and finish with construction documentation and design visualisation. This course offers both imperial and metric hands-on exercises representing real-world structural design scenarios.
Who is this course for?
New Autodesk Revit Structure users or other Autodesk software users who want to learn essential elements of Autodesk Revit Structure.
Structural engineering, drafting, or architectural design experience is highly recommended. No previous CAD experience is necessary.
What you will learn
You will learn the concepts of Building Information Modeling and introduce the tools for parametric design, analysis, and documentation using Autodesk Revit Structure. Users will be able to complete their first Autodesk Revit Structure project after completing this class.
Building Information Modeling
- Building Information Modeling for Structural Engineering
Revit Structure Basics
- Exploring the User Interface
- Working with Structural Elements and Families
Viewing the Structural Model
- Working with Views
- Controlling Object Visibility
- Working with Elevation and Section Views
- Working with 3D Views
Starting a New Project
- Starting a Project
- Adding and Modifying Levels
- Creating and Modifying Grids
Creating Structural Columns and Walls
- Working with Structural Columns
- Working with Structural Walls
- Adding Floor Framing
- Working with Beams and Beam Systems
- Working with Structural Steel Frames
- Working with Structural Concrete Beams
Creating Floors and Roofs
- Adding Floors
- Creating Roofs and Adding Structural Framing
- Adding Foundations
Stairs and Ramps
- Creating Stairs
- Creating Ramps
Creating Plan Annotations and Schedules
- Adding Dimensions
- Working with Text and Tags
- Creating Legends
- Working with Schedules
- Working with Detail Views
- Adding Concrete Reinforcement
- Working with Drafting Views
- Working with CAD Details
Creating Construction Documentation
- Working with Sheets and Titleblocks
- Printing Sheets
- Exporting Content to CAD Formats
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.