Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to develop their digital design skills and create accurate 2D images and 3D models to visualise space. Suitable for designers from all backgrounds from interior designers , architects, theatre and film as well as artists and craftspeople.
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice and can significantly enhance your professional communication and presentation. Sketch Up Make is a free 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all.
From 2D plans and elevations to 3D rendered objects and interiors.
This is an advanced level and it is suitable for anybody who has completed Sketch Up 2 days introduction course.
You’ll be able to use your learned skills in a real life work; you ‘ll be able to create your own 3D furniture and to organize a professional presentation including videos
You will also learn how to improve the quality of your renderings using a free plug in named Twilight Render
- Drawing in 2D , creating 3D geometry and manipulating shapes
- Creating accurate 3D objects
- Organising your project: groups, components and outliner
- Editing tools: rotate, scale, section cuts, creating arrays and mirror techniques
- How to import DWG ( CAD ) plans as JPG, scaling and retracing
- Importing furniture and components from 3D Warehouse – scaling
- Bucket tool- importing textures, images and rendering modes
- Follow me tool
- Setting scenes and creating an animation
- How to set different styles, creating and saving 3D views and printing options
- Free rendering plug-ins and Extension Warehouse
You will have practised using the tools through a series of exercises and be able to create 2D plans, 3D models and renderings.
This easy-to-use interface, will help you as designer to explore the entire volume of the space and make design decision accordingly.
You will experience the process of realistically shaping spaces, through the manipulation of spatial volume.
Sketch Up will represent for you a very powerful tool to effectively communicate your ideas to clients and colleagues.
You’ll leave with a number of digital images and the ability to produce accurate models.
– Importing, re-sizing and re-tracing a 2D floor plan as JPG
– Creating a 3D model from a 2D plan
– 3D Warehouse : importing furniture into your model
– Locating furniture into your model : Scale – Rotate – Move
– Rendering your model importing client textures/materials/wallpaper
– Customising furniture imported from 3D Warehouse
– Organizing your model : Layers vs Outliner
– How to creatively use Follow me Tool ( creating a bulb )
– Previous lesson briefly re-cap
– Setting up a presentation – Step 1: Saving Views
– Setting up a presentation – Step 2 : Styles
– Setting up a presentation – Step 3 : Creating an animation/video
– Creating sections: Section Plane
– Improving your rendering : quick introduction of Twilight a free plug in for turning Sketch Up views into photo-realistic images
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm