This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to develop their digital design skills and create accurate 2D images and 3D models to visualise space. This course is for beginners. Suitable for designers from all backgrounds from interior designers, architects, theatre and film as well as artists and craftspeople.
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice and can significantly enhance your professional communication and presentation. Sketch Up Make is a free 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all.
From 2D plans and elevations to 3D rendered objects and interiors.
You will be taught the basic principles of Sketch Up, enabling to tap into its potential as you will be introduced you to its interface, tools, drawing floor plans and shapes in 2D and how to switch to a 3D working environment, to create interiors, importing furniture , materials and textures.
- Program overview, interface and settings for PC and Mac
- Axes, inferences, use of the mouse while navigating in space
- Introduction to the edit menu, large tool set
- Drawing in 2D
- Practising with standard tools for creating simple geometry
- Copying, moving and rotating object in 3D
- How to import DWG ( CAD ) plans as JPG, scaling and retracing
- Creating a 3D model from a floor plan
- 3D Warehouse: importing furniture, scaling, rotating, moving
- Bucket tool- importing textures, images and rendering modes
- How to set up views and how to print
– Settings PC vs MAC
– Edit Menu and Large Tool Set
– Axes – 2D vs 3D
– Inferences / Snapping
– The use of mouse in Sketch Up
– Navigating in space
– Drawing basic 2D shapes and 3D forms
– How to move and copy
– Drawing a 2D plan from a survey
– Drawing a 2D plan re-tracing a JPG
– Push/Pull Tool: creating a 3D model from a 2D plan
– Creating openings ( doors and windows ) using Tape Measure
Tool for creating Guidelines
– 3D Warehouse : importing furniture into your model
– Locating furniture into your model : Scale – Rotate – Move
– Previous lesson briefly re-cap
– Students will have the opportunity to work on their own floor plan
— Rendering your model importing Sketch Up default Materials
and Textures- Paint Bucket Tool
– Sketch Up sticky geometry
– Groups and Components
– Follow me tool : creating round extrusions
– Section plane
– How to set up and save views
– How to print
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.
When, How and Where You Want To Learn
9:30am - 4:30pm