This course is designed to teach Divinci Resolve and the basic principles and process of colour correction and grading to anyone with little or no prior experience. You will learn how to navigate the software interface, manage your media and basic editing, colour correction theory, primary correction, gradients and more.
Once you have completed the beginner course we recommend taking the intermediate course as well.
This 2 day hands-on Davinci Resolve training course will teach you the key tools & the colour correction & grading process.
A basic understanding of video editing is desired.
This day is focused primarily on getting to know the interface and the basic tools you’ll be using throughout the course.
● Getting to know the interface
● Organising new projects
● Editing quickstart
● Balancing footage
○ Understanding the grading workflow
○ Balancing colours
○ Understanding the colour controls
● Creating colour continuity
○ Shot-matching strategy
○ Organising shots using flags and filters
○ Automatic and manual shot matching
● Correcting and enhancing isolated areas
○ Keyers, masks
○ Fixing footage problems
○ Intro to OpenFX
This day is focused on workflows beyond the ones shown in day one. You’ll learn how to improve your speed and productivity, as well how to conform timelines from other apps.
● Conforming an XML timeline
○ Importing a timeline
○ Comparing to a reference clip
○ Conforming to high quality footage
● All about nodes
○ Understanding nodes and the importance of node order
○ Creating separate processing pipelines with parallel mixer nodes
○ Compositing effects with the layer mixer node
● Managing grades across clips and timelines
○ Copying grades
○ Working with versions
○ ColorTrace and Timeline album copying