This is delivered as a Live Online
“Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class?
More info here
Graphic design terminology from Concept to visual, layout techniques, typography, colour usage, image usage, new skills and advanced studio tools usage, professional tips and tricks and so much more is waiting for you at Academy Class’ Graphic Design Techniques course!
You can use the technology but do you know how to design? Take a step away from the software an learn the principles of graphic design. This class is great if you’d like to learn professional design skills needed to improve your marketing materials and other such collateral.
Who is this course for?
Marketers, Designers/ SME business owners who want to take on their own design projects.
Some basic knowledge of either InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator is required. It would be great if you have already taken a software class at Academy Class such as Creative Suite Jumpstart for Designers, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
What you will learn
• Design terminology
• What to consider before starting a project
• A non-designers guide to getting inspired
• From concept to visualization
• The 5 principles of good design
• Layout techniques
• An introduction to typography
• Choosing and combining the right typefaces
• Creating interesting type treatments
• An introduction to colour theory
• Working with different colour combinations
• Getting the most out of your images
• Skills and studio tools
• Printing and technical considerations
Graphic Design Terminology
- Form and space
- Negative and positive space
- Proximity and Alignment
- Photography basics
- The Five Layout Principles: Balance, Rhythm, Harmony & Contrast
- Size and Format
- Working with text and images
From Concept to Visual
- The difference between advertising, corporate identity and editorial design
- Research your market & audience
- Organising your thoughts
- The AIDA marketing principle
- Create a design strategy wit the Four W’s
- A history of typography
- Typographical ground rules
- Choosing the right typeface
- Avoiding too few or too many typefaces
- Creating special type effects
- Illustrative Typography
- Widows and orphans
- Formatting text
- Rivers of white space
- Inappropriate column spacing
- Claustrophobic pages
- Whispering headlines
- Floating heads and subheads
- Colour theory
- Colour contrast and harmony rules
- Choosing the right colours for your design
- Working with spot colours
- Print vs Web Safe colours
- Image Sourcing
- Photograph vs Illustration
- Working with graphs and charts
- Placing images to improve your lay-out
Skills and Studio Tools
- An overview of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Using Bridge
- Problems that can occur in a print workflow
- A print checklist
- Preflight options
- Using the Acrobat PDF workflow
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.