Learn how to earn from your blog. This 1 day workshop is presented by one of the UK’s top entrepreneurs, Sophie Bush. Owner and creator of mywarehousehome.com, a successful blog turned business, she has years of experience in taking a small lifestyle blog and turning it into a full-scale business. Her business went from publishing an interior design blog & magazine to launching a best selling book, an interior design studio and even branching into a warehouse home property devision!
And you can learn to do the same.
In this quick course Sophie will cover the three main steps to getting your money-making blog off the ground.
1 Day Short Course
for £497 – £197 Launch Offer
Learn How to Turn Your Blog Into a Business in 3 Easy Steps
Part 1: Getting Started
- Find your niche – what is the problem that you’re solving / the value that you’re bringing – what’s the size of the potential audience – is it interesting – and will YOU still find it interesting when you’ve been blogging about it for over a year
- Determine your voice – even if it is only you in your bedroom from the outset, is it ‘I’ or ‘we’ that you’re projecting
- Think business not blog from the outset
- Think brand not blog – create a strong brand, an identity that resonates clearly with the niche and target audience
- Draw a spider diagram of all of the potential revenue streams and avenues it could develop into – think big!
- Get a custom domain
- Start with the cheap and easy stuff – bootstrap for as long as you can
- Build what you can yourself – there’s a lot to be said for understanding the nuts and bolts of a business as it grows
- Get started! Don’t spend too much time planning (your business might quickly evolve into something completely different) and don’t let perfectionism stop you from getting started – set a launch date and try to stick to it!
Part 2: Gathering Momentum
- Draft a content strategy document – iterate constantly
- Generate consistently strong, original content – content that makes you stand out – distinctive visuals, compelling copy – it’s better to publish 1 great post a week than something mediocre daily
- Wear a commercial hat from the beginning – even if you’re writing free content, consider the longer term potential for paid collabs
- Promote content to generate and nurture a following
- Supercharge your search traffic – SEO – Pinterest etc
- Build a database of subscribers
- Invest time in social media… but learn the value of scheduling
- Invest intelligently – your time, your money
Part 3: How to Make Money Blogging
- Start selling – now you have an audience, create a product or service to sell to them
- Consider a collection of complementary services / products – with the opportunity to cross-sell / cross-pollinate
- Evaluate what can generate income and what can’t (but might still be useful)
- Evaluate what’s working and what isn’t
- Let your customers guide you
- Be prepared to pivot
- Enjoy the ride
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.