This is delivered as a Live Online “Virtual Class” – What is a Virtual Class? More info here
An Adobe certified Academy Class instructor will help you prepare for your Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) in Illustrator CC and provide you with the best exam preparation available. The course strongly focuses on the requirements of the ACE exam. During the course you will work through example test questions and find out where your strengths and weaknesses lie. You will get used to the types of questions asked during the exam and learn lots of best-practices.
The Illustrator CC ACE course will give you confidence in taking the exam, which you can do at the end of the class or at a later date (exam fee not included). Passing the exam can be a big step to your successful design career. This exam is the highest official certification you can get and it can help you get recognized in the creative industry. It is the best way to tell the world about your expertise and communicate your proficiency in leading products from Adobe. The ACE certification will help to expand your job opportunities, help you to stand out from your competitors in the job market, gain recognition from your employer and may increase your earnings potential.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
The Illustrator CC ACE exam course is for individuals who have a minimum of three years as a graphic designer or illustrator, with experience in conceptual design and creation of final artwork for print and interactive output.
You must have advanced knowledge of Adobe Illustrator and be able to efficiently create 2D illustrations, text treatments, and precise vector layouts. You should also be familiar with tablet input devices, Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
We will work through example test questions and find out where your strengths and weaknesses lie. The exam can be taken at the end of the class or at a later date (exam fee not included).
We will work through example test questions on possible exam topics which may include:
Building Illustrator Documents
- Customize the workspace
- Create artboards
- View artwork
- Save and export documents
- Behance Integration
- Draw basic shapes
- Edit paths
- Combine objects
- Draw in perspective
- Work with symbols
Managing and Transforming Objects
- Use rulers, grids, and guides
- Group objects and paths
- Create and use layers
- Use isolation mode
- Position multiple objects precisely
- Apply fills and strokes
- Work with Live Paint groups
- Work with brushes
- Work with transparency and blending modes
- Create and use gradients
- Create and use meshes
- Create and use patterns
Working with Color
- Apply colors and swatches
- Work with Color Groups
- Adjust Color
- Set Fill and Stroke Overprint
Working with Type
- Add text and type
- Set text on a path
- Transform characters and type blocks
- Work with fonts and special characters
- Format type
- Create and apply character and paragraph styles
Applying Object Effects
- Mask objects
- Create and use appearance attributes
- Document Raster Effect Settings
- Create and apply drop shadows, glows, and feathering
- Copy formatting between objects
Working with Placed Graphics
- Place Graphics from other applications
- Links Panel
- Trace artwork with Image Trace
- Use Path, Corner, and Noise reduction options
- Sample colors from placed images
- Package Files
Working with Web GraphicsDraw pixel?aligned paths for Web workflows
- Draw pixel?aligned paths for Web workflowsCreate Web graphics
- Create Web graphicsUse SVG
- Use SVGExtract CSS Properties
- Extract CSS Properties
- Set up documents for printing
- Print color separations
- Print gradients, meshes, and color bleeds
- Print and save transparent artwork
Worried about COVID-19?
Good News! All of our courses are offered virtually in the comfort of your home or offices.
Benefit from the Wisdom
Delivering Quality Training since 2006.
Training Budget Maximised!
Lower Price Match Guarantee & Flexible Training Vouchers
Practical, Cutting-Edge Training
From industry experienced professionals.
Work Faster, Earn More
Reduce your production time by improving all your workflow processes, best practices and shortcuts.
Gain a Competitive Edge
Boost your career by improving your skills and getting Accreditation.