Creating and presenting visually attractive data is an art form. Infographics, also known as information graphics, are visual representations of data, knowledge or information using clever composition and visual flow in a clear, understandable, visually stimulating way. This course will teach you to assess data, define your message and then plan and execute well-designed infographics that are clear and easy to understand. You can bring examples of your data to the course so we can focus on your particular needs.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is great for any designer who wants to create an infographic has a basic understanding of illustrator, and wants to know the best workflow for executing this type of process from start to finish.
Some basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required. However, this course focuses less on the software and more on practical examples and discussions.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Introduction to the importance of Infographics
- An overview of the history of Infographics, what they are and how they should be used
- Examples of good and bad Infographics
- A look at the many types of elements to include in an Infographic and when to use them (charts, timelines, graphs, bubble graphs, pictographs etc.)
- Do I need an infographic?
- Analyzing your data
- Finding and telling the story
- The 5W’s and how they work in an infographic
- The design process
- Setting up your wireframe
- Using psychology in your design
- Creating icons or sourcing ready-made graphics
- Design tips and tricks using Adobe Illustrator