Who Should Attend
Anyone wanting to develop their digital design skills and create accurate 2D images and 3D models to visualise space. This course is for beginners. Suitable for designers from all backgrounds from interior designers, architects, theatre and film as well as artists and craftspeople.
Creating 3D drawings quickly and easily is a valuable skill in any design practice and can significantly enhance your professional communication and presentation. Sketch Up Make is a free 3D modelling software, available as a free download, making it accessible for all.
From 2D plans and elevations to 3D rendered objects and interiors.
You will be taught the basic principles of Sketch Up, enabling to tap into its potential as you will be introduced you to its interface, tools, drawing floor plans and shapes in 2D and how to switch to a 3D working environment, to create interiors, importing furniture , materials and textures.
- Program overview, interface and settings for PC and Mac
- Axes, inferences, use of the mouse while navigating in space
- Introduction to the edit menu, large tool set
- Drawing in 2D
- Practising with standard tools for creating simple geometry
- Copying, moving and rotating object in 3D
- How to import DWG ( CAD ) plans as JPG, scaling and retracing
- Creating a 3D model from a floor plan
- 3D Warehouse: importing furniture, scaling, rotating, moving
- Bucket tool- importing textures, images and rendering modes
- How to set up views and how to print